11.8.07

TRIBUTE TO THE COOL GUYS



LEE HAZLEWOOD - COWBOY IN SWEDEN (1970) featuring the vocals of nina lizell

pray them bars away
leather and lace
forget marie
cold hard times
the night before
hey cowboy
no train to stockholm
for a day like today
easy & me
what's more I don't need her

vem kan segla


FRANK SINATRA - THE WORLD WE KNEW (1967)

the world we knew (over and over)
somethin' stupid
this is my love
born free
don't sleep in the subway
this town
this is my song
you are there
drinking again
some enchanted evening

7 comments:

vesper said...

Lee: http://lix.in/c87f28

Frank: http://lix.in/51d9f2

Anonymous said...

Thanks for The Voice!!

Anonymous said...

i've this fine vinyl too and it's a highly recommended Sinatra album!

Unknown said...

Strawberries, Cherries and Angels Kisses in Heaven, Lee. RIPees.

Danny Snelson said...

HEYAYA! -- pharaoh majesty -- great posts here, just happened on yr site -- my i love greytones!!! -- also, &quite a bit more, i love these cool albums. many TNX big'n'wide. can't help it but the blogsite name reminds me of that GREAT mj video w/eddie murphy & shaq. can you move like that!? ;-)

yrs,
j.h c

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. I am a big Sinatra fan, but I hadn't heard this, and wanted to hear "Drinking Again" on the advice of jazz writer Will Friedwald.

It is a minor Sinatra item, to be sure, but I'm glad and grateful to have heard it.

Thanks again.

aaron aardvark said...

How amazing I was only looking at this (the Lee H.) today... someone must be reading my mind... thank you

Previous posts